GiGi Browse is classified as a browser hijacker and PUP. What reasons prompted security experts to categorize it this way?
Once installed, the attacker may initiate a bunch of unauthorized system’s and browser’s modifications, including Registry settings, Windows startup, DNS settings on all web browsers, and so on. This hijacker looks like an ordinary search engine, but if you have it on your PC, then there is no doubt that you got in unintentionally as it is not promoted anywhere and its deceptive distribution method ensures that its victims do not have a say when it comes to installing it into the browser. It’s a browser hijacker and you should not use it to browse the web. Usually the application causing unwanted changes is installed together with free games, toolbars, media players or any other freeware that comes bundled with third party software.
If you see GiGi Browse as your homepage and default search engine right now, that’s probably a result of recently performed inattentive installation of another freeware. After doing so, it may start redirecting you to its affiliate websites instead of the ones that you want to visit. Despite of the fact that they do not cause any direct harm, these toolbars are definitely undesirable. Freeware programs are free of charge software applications that are often available for download not an official website but at a third party website which usually bundles it with some additional software application. It gets entrenched into your browser.
HOW CAN I remove GiGi Browse redirect?
If you want to avoid bundles landing on your computer, you need to stop clicking on third-party advertisements and landing on suspicious websites, including online gambling, gaming, torrent, shareware, and dating pages. The aim of GiGi Browse is to promote several sponsored websites and get information about users’ browsing habits so it could involve them into other marketing related projects. Most probably, according to specialists, it travels bundled with freeware inside software bundles. So if you found it on your computer out of nowhere and you constantly experience redirections and regularly receive various notification messages, you should definitely remove it. Moreover, the program may collect information about your search queries and other browsing habits which will later be used for other marketing related purposes.
We are sure you will find a better search tool than GiGi Browse after getting rid of it, so go to erase it from web browsers without further consideration. You can GiGi Browse from your web browsers even if you are the least experienced user. All of that is done only to promote sponsored websites an build traffic for them. As you might understand already, other threats could use this backdoor to occupy your operating system as you install the hijacker and its extension. You might encounter another one very quickly too if you browse the Internet daily but do not have security software installed on your computer.Download Removal Toolto remove GiGi Browse
How to eliminate this annoying program from your computer:
As you realize, the search engine cannot be trusted, especially when it could be traveling with various infections. It must be said that some of its advertisements might redirect you to scam websites that are set to extort personal information, online banking logins, passwords, and so on. And, this is why we suggest that you delete GiGi Browse as soon as possible. Manual removal instructions for GiGi Browse browser hijacker are rendered below. We want to point out that this removal method is more secure, easier and also having an anti-spyware program on your computer helps to prevent installing similar computer parasites in the future.
Manual GiGi Browse Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall GiGi Browse and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove GiGi Browse from your browsers
Remove GiGi Browse from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete GiGi Browse from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall GiGi Browse from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action