About Expanded hijack:
At first, you will notice that your homepage and default search engine is replace to Expanded. Expanded, you should scan your computer with the reputable anti-spyware because it’s a clear sign showing that your computer is affected by potentially unwanted program or a virus. However, when you think carefully about it, there is nothing much that such apps can do. Don’t visit that site and leave it immediately if you were redirected from other website or clicked on misleading link. Users help the developer get more money by clicking on these search results.
To remove Expanded, run a full system scan with a reputable anti-malware program, like Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. No matter whether you want to browse without being tracked or not, you should not do it via this search engine because it can open web pages you did not intend to visit instead of those that you wanted to open. That’s why you should always make sure that you choose Custom or Advanced installation process of the freeware in order to get ability to opt out of such search engines, toolbars and insecure extensions. You might not even know that Expanded browser hijacker is installed on your system; This method is closely related to free downloads, such as PDF creators, video streaming software, video recording software and similar freeware.
When did the hijacker get into my computer?
The suspicious Expanded not only installs cookies (e.g., Burst Media) to spy on you but can also acts as a portal for other threats. Unfortunately, it is not that easy with Expanded. On top of this, Expanded browser hijacker has been experienced with redirection so it can also be referred to as a redirect virus. Typically, search hijacks are accompanied by rogue registry cleaners and common browser adware, that display even more advertisements. Last, but not least you need to install a reliable antimalware tool because such a tool provides overall system security at all times. Also, you should take your time while installing any new program on your PC.
This search engine is very similar to resultforquery.com and expressfind.net, and should not be trusted because you may be presented with manipulated search results. It enables cookies and web beacons on all web browsers and collects information, such as PC’s IP address, its location, email address, search queries, pages viewed, clicks, and so on. These pop-ups are usually shown to users who have adware installed; Therefore, we have prepared the detailed manual removal guides which you can locate below. In addition to this, Expanded hijacker is the program which has cookies added to its code. We think that a small portion of those promoted links can be of malicious nature because they can redirect you to scam or phishing websites or get your PC infected with dangerous malware such as spyware or ransomware.
Can I remove this browser hijacker without an anti-spyware program?
Expanded was created to provide the end-users with the advertising content of questionable quality. So if the user downloads and installs the Weather Center New Tab browser extenson, he (she) gets Expanded browser hijacker installed along with it. In such a case, users should go to scan their PCs with reputable antimalware scanners – they will only take a few seconds to clean systems fully. Advanced/Custom mode expands the settings panel and provides a list of “recommended downloads,” which can be installed alongside your selected program. No matter what key work the user types in the search bar, he/she receives sponsored search results that contain links to PUP promotions, various surveys, online system scanners, and similar things.Download Removal Toolto remove Expanded
Manual Expanded Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Expanded and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Expanded from your browsers
Remove Expanded from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Expanded from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Expanded from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action