Eakona Updater is a computer program that enters your computer from unsafe websites such as file-sharing websites and freeware Web sites. Our investigation revealed that Eakona Updater is not a complete product because it doesn’t add any functionality to the system. The truth is that it does not perform any actions after the install and leave the system intact; However, we recommend that you remove it from the computer.
More specifically, Eakona Updater creates one or two executable files, which are located in the ProgramData folder, and a Windows task, which begins every day at a certain time. It has been observed that the task is created for no clear reason because nothing changes at the time when the task is launched.
We classify Eakona Updater as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and want to urge you to remove Eakona Updater from the computer because this program is also marked as unreliable by many computer security software programs. Due to the fact that the program does not display any distinctive behavior, some security programs detect it is a Trojan.
As the name suggests, the program may have been aimed at looking for updates for certain programs. Due to the fact that the program is no longer active, it is impossible to determine the primary objective of the program. It could have been used to collect information about users, including clicks, search terms, and browser settings in order to provide them with certain targeted ads.
If you have this program on your computer, you must take action to remove it so that you do not put yourself in danger. The program does not improve the browsing experience; nor does it help the computer run better. Hence, there is no need for you to keep this useless program.
Below you will find instructions on how to uninstall Eakona Updater or any other program that has it uninstaller in the Control Panel applet. However, we recommend that you rely on a reputable security program. Eakona Updater is installed silently, i. e. without any notice, and, if you have found a program by themselves, it means that you do not have a reliable security tool that will inform you about unsafe programs. Our team recommends the use of SpyHunter because this program deletes Eakona Updater with ease and protects the system against Trojan horses, fake anti-virus programs, browser hijackers, rootkits, ransomware infections, and many other threats that can easily enter unprotected systems.
Manual Eakona Updater Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Eakona Updater and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Eakona Updater from your browsers
Remove Eakona Updater from Internet ExplorerDownload Removal Toolto remove Eakona Updater
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Eakona Updater from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Eakona Updater from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action