DPS Websafe browser hijacker might be related to Yandex, researchers believe
DPS Websafe browser hijacker has been categorized as a potentially unwanted program due to the fact that it never travels alone and tricks people into installing it along with various freewares. It may totally hijack your browser by changing your home page, search engine and settings, thus making your browsing activity messy and unpleasant. Your browser settings become a delicate matter as this virus can reconstruct them. Of course, this is not the end. If you think that your computer is affected, you can remove
The most obvious sign showing that your computer has been affected by DPS Websafe browser hijacker is continuous redirections to unwanted websites. This company is responsible for releasing dozens of browser hijackers that include, without limitation, Search.nyknicksbuzzsearch.com, Easysearchit.com, and Search.newtab-mediasearch.com. Of course, you can prevent its infiltration by installing updated anti-virus and anti-spyware on your machine. Moreover, this website does not take any responsibility for the third party promotions which means that after clicking a link you may easily be taken to a corrupted website and infect your computer with viruses. The reason why this search engine acts like that is that its sole purpose is to promote affiliate marketing and force computer users to visit particular web pages.
Do you know how did DPS Websafe browser hijacker hijack your PC?
DPS Websafe browser hijacker is spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware, which is related to it. Once you get your browser infected, you will find it complicated to browse the Internet as you will be forced to experience a bunch of annoying pop ups and redirection. Also make sure you deselect options that indicate about additional downloads, if they are not familiar to you. Nowadays many programs travel in a bundle with other applications, so you have to be cautious all the time. Thus, you can figure out that this supposed-to-be search provider is incapable of rendering you search results, so it exploits the software system, which has this particular feature, that is, Yahoo search engine.
In case you have already tried the DPS Websafe browser hijacker and the search engine but find it useless, do not delay the removal of the extension. It only poses risk for your security and breaches your privacy. Of course, it is most likely that the latter option will be chosen by those who find other threats present, but you should consider using anti-malware software for further system’s protection as well. Not to mentioned that third-party web pages might also gather your personal data. So when you download a piece fo software off the Internet, do not rush to install it.
How to remove DPS Websafe browser hijacker and fix your browsers?
What will happen if you do not delete this program right now? The IP address via 22.214.171.124 has been detected several times by security researchers. And in the worst-case scenario you might also end up with a dangerous program on your computer. This way you can skip preselected options that will allow making various changes in your system or installing additional programs. The guide below was created to show you how to erase the unwanted search tool. Lastly, eliminate the leftovers that might stay behind. Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box.
Manual DPS Websafe browser hijacker Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall DPS Websafe browser hijacker and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove DPS Websafe browser hijacker from your browsers
Remove DPS Websafe browser hijacker from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete DPS Websafe browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall DPS Websafe browser hijacker from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action