What is Dutch Police Virus?
Just like many other ransomwares, this virus is spread with a help of fake updates, illegal programs and dangerous websites. After the installation, it starts to generate exaggerated reports about the infections of the system. COSD virus is one of the recent virtual threats which cause the most ruckus – it encrypts personal information with the cryptographically strong algorithm, and the only choice seems to pay the ransom. The name of the new ransomware comes from the .COSD extension it uses to name corrupted files. Of course, it is a paid program which gives you no guarantee that it will help you decrypt your blocked files. Related files:
COSD is distributed by trojan horse via fake updates and programs. as soon as it gets inside the computer it waits for some time without initiating any action. Department. Furthermore, COSD ransomware creates a file called qqq.jpg that stands as the ransom note for victims. They are not able to run any of their legitimate programs and not even use the Internet. All 3 of these files are dropped into %Temp% folder. All of these demands are clearly stated in the ransom note that the virus generates on the infected computer’s desktop, as shown in a picture below.
HOW TO REMOVE COSD virus?
Please, ignore this notification, because it’s fake and has nothing in common with the Turkish National Police. from Tax Inspectorate, etc.). Unfortunately, there are no guarantees that all your modified files will be reverted, even if you make a payment. STOPzilla or Until IT specialists come up with a file-recovery tool, make sure to try out the already existing ones. Simply download reliable anti-malware application, such as Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool, install it on your computer and then run a full scan of all files stored on your hard drive. Otherwise, you may find out that each of your important COSD is blocked and that they only way to recover them is to buy bitcoins and pay the
In order to remove it you have to unlock your computer. You can recover your data completely free with the help of the following link to the decrypter – https: Since there is more than one version of this badware, we provide several methods how to do it: For that, follow these steps: However, purchasing bitcoins and sending them to shady programmers will only encourage to keep their shady activity going. Besides, don’t forget to think about the backup For that you can use USB external hard drives, CDs, DVDs, or simply rely on online backups, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Flickr and other solutions.
How to remove COSD ransomware?
Fabian Wosar of Emsisoft has developed the free working decryptor for decrypting data files, encrypted by COSD file-encrypting virus. Corporacaoxrat@protonmail.com contact e-mail, provided by the earlier versions of the ransomware, is currently inactive. Sometimes cyber criminals eben try to imitates important documents, so do not be fooled. www.removethreats.com/download. They have The manual removal instructions have been developed for advanced users. STOPzilla. Thus, it may create a chance for IT professionals to come up with the solution faster.
Manual COSD Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall COSD and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove COSD from your browsers
Remove COSD from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete COSD from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall COSD from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action