CodecEX is a browser add-on that speeds the file loading so that you can access online videos and images faster than usual. The software is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox and is promoted at codec-exe. info. However, this site is not the only source of the program. CodecEX may be bundled with other software, such as browser add-ons, media players, and system optimization programs. Very often computer users ignore the license agreement displayed on the screen, which results in the installation of unwanted software. In order to avoid this, you must pay close attention to each page of the Setup wizard.
CodecEX is based on the JustPlugIt browser add-on creation engine, which was used to create many of the same browser add-ons, the majority of which are supposed to work as shopping assistants enhance their online behavior. The JustPlugIt engine was used to created Less2Pay, RoyalCoupon, SaverON, and many other programs, all of which are classified as adware, and CodecEX is no exception.
The program is likely to be developed by Israel-based software developers because the use of the product is governed by the law of Israel.
CodecEX may display ads that have nothing to do with your surfing interests. For example, when browsing a shopping site, you may be asked to install an update for your Internet Explorer or take part in an online survey. It is highly recommended to ignore these ads because some of them may be associated with unsafe websites. Advertising-supported browser add-ons are often used by evil software distributors to spread malware, and, if you want to help protect your personal information, you should remove CodecEX from the computer as soon as you can. CodecEX does not endorse third parties, which means that you use the program at your own risk.
You should also bear in mind that the program may be monitoring you so that the developers of the program can draw some conclusions about your surfing behavior.
If you have no intention of using CodecEX and want to delete it from your browser as soon as you can, you should do it right now. We is recommended that you implement SpyHunter because this security program is capable of ending several Internet-based computer infections, including ransomware infections, browser hijackers, adware program, Trojan horses, fake anti-virus program, and many other threats. It is possible to uninstall the program because it creates its uninstaller in Windows Control Panel, but you should bear in mind that the operating system needs protection, and a spyware and malware prevention tool is by far the best option.
Manual CodecEX Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall CodecEX and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and VistaDownload Removal Toolto remove CodecEX
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove CodecEX from your browsers
Remove CodecEX from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete CodecEX from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall CodecEX from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action