How can Highlite App hijack my computer?
Torrentfunk.com is one more adware application based on JustPlugIt engine. might look like useful tool at first sight, but it’s just another malicious application that you should not keep installed on your computer. Once inside, it starts displaying tons of pop up messages with ads and links to sponsored websites, and badly disturbs user’s daily browsing routine. If you are constantly experiencing Torrentfunk.com redirects But Torrentfunk.com adware can even have an adverse impact on your computer’s system. It is not officially a virus but Torrentfunk.com web browser extension performs several malicious actions and due to this it is listed as a PUP (potentially unwanted program). Some part of the answer is hidden in the title of this post because ads by this program may start bothering you as soon as
Torrentfunk.com advertisements can appear on numerous websites and the format of the advertisements depends on third parties. It looks like a regular update message and for this reason many users take it for granted. If you continue with the survey, you will be asked to provide your name, email, phone number and some other personal information. For avoiding this, you should start monitoring installation of the freeware. The problem is that this adware might be unreliable. For example, when you install a downland manager or media player, you may notice check boxes offering you to install Torrentfunk.com add-on or another additional component.
How did this virus install on my computer?
There are multiple methods you can employ to enhance your system’s immunity to viruses like these. This adware helper has been created to assist suspicious, often unreliable third-party applications, and some of the tasks conducted by the application are considered to be dangerous. It’s your choice; during In case you don’t want to use additional software, follow manual removal guide below and perform every step in a right order. Thus, no matter what kind of freeware you are about to install, check Advanced or Custom settings and deselect all ‘optional downloads’ that they are carrying. It will also protect your computer from similar infections in the future, so it’s worth to keep it installed.
Not all users will be able to delete Torrentfunk.com manually. Our team recommends using Anti-Malware Tool because this real-time security program can easily eliminate the adware program in question and safeguard your system against many other threats, including browser hijackers, adware programs, rootkits, Trojan horses, fake anti-virus programs, etc. There is no doubt that you have to remove Torrentfunk.com from your system immediately after detecting its traces on your computer. The problem is that this application can be easily exploited by malevolent third parties, and inadvertently, the application could be used for corrupted content promotion and even malware distribution. It is also possible to remove Torrentfunk.comSavings manually.
Adware can be terminated quite easily:
To learn more about specific features of Invest in a legitimate computer security tool if need be. So basically, if you have Try to complete all steps correctly and you will be able to eliminate However, users can compromise themselves after furtive visits to sites with pornographic content or shady gambling services. Moreover, the application provides powerful protection against more serious viruses like trojans and ransomware. It is a time-consuming method as well.
Manual Torrentfunk.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Torrentfunk.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Torrentfunk.com from your browsers
Remove Torrentfunk.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Torrentfunk.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Torrentfunk.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action