What should you know about the SearchTheConverter browser hijacker virus?
Do you consider SearchTheConverter browser hijacker (also known as Search.loginhelp.net) a reliable search provider? SearchTheConverter browser hijacker toolbar typically spreads via the official website where it can be installed for free. Do you like your web browser running slowly? Next to its capability to add toolbars, SearchTheConverter browser hijacker has also been reported to cause the same browser redirections and Typically, such questionable search engines like this one are used to promote sponsored websites and help them increase their page rank. In order to avoid getting your PC infected with this annoying tool you should always choose a Custom installation and make sure you don’t allow adding any unknown programs or making changes in your browser settings.
Once inside SearchTheConverter browser hijacker redirect can change you homepage and redirect you to a variety of different websites that can later cause more infections to be infiltrated into your machine. There is only a desolate ‘‘File Type’’ button under the search bar displayed. It seems that the program might affect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome. More seriously, it may also start tracking user’s browsing habits and sending this information for its owners. Skip to page 2 of this article to find some recommendations on the virus removal. It will not take you there automatically. These details are non-personally identifiable;
How does this fake search spread around the web and how to avoid its hijack?
In order to remove SearchTheConverter browser hijacker virus, we don’t recommend doing that manually because it requires extensive knowledge about computers and their architecture. However, we highly do not recommend using this search provider even if it’s legitimate. First of all, the hijacker promotes a search tool that redirects to search.yahoo.com, which is a search engine often exploited by unreliable hijackers; Thus, clicking on such suspicious content could lead you to dangerous sites. It is possible to retrieve URL’s after entering selected search queries. You should be very careful while installing such free software as media players, PDF editors, download managers, etc.
A method called bundling is utilized more and more to stealthily install additional applications along side the selected free programs. Besides, you should also never agree to install a browser add-on, plug-in, toolbar or extension. It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. Read the supplementary documentation, that is the License Agreements and the Terms and Conditions of Use. Make sure that you reject such and similar offers and only then finish up with the installation.
SearchTheConverter browser hijacker removal suggestions:
By “interact” here we mean click the link or a commercial advertisement. A lot of users often skip installation steps without even looking what they say and just hit the “Next” button till the installation is complete. SearchTheConverter browser hijacker and other software developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. Follow our step-by-step guide below. Always go for Custom installation mode and read what each steps says before accepting it. Should I reinstall Chrome? Afterward, all there is that you need to do is start a system scan and press the removal button once the report is displayed.
Manual SearchTheConverter browser hijacker Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall SearchTheConverter browser hijacker and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove SearchTheConverter browser hijacker from your browsers
Remove SearchTheConverter browser hijacker from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete SearchTheConverter browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall SearchTheConverter browser hijacker from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action