What is the purpose of Search.compellingagent.com malware?
Search.compellingagent.com can also be found as Your Online Game Play. This browser hijacker impersonates Windows “My computer” view and displays many false threats or infections (usually Trojans) to make you think that your computer is infected when it’s not. A browser hijacker often tends to infiltrate your computer. The program focuses on promoting certain websites For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us via social media, or leave a comment below this description. you Indeed, there are hundreds of various cyber threats detected after every system scan on Search.compellingagent.com.
Search.compellingagent.com.com, that replaces your default search provider without your permission, looks very similar to Google search page. In order to avoid this, you should pay you attention to their list or simply use a custom install option. Unfortunately, advertising-supported software, tracking cookies, potentially unwanted programs, and other kinds of threats could be introduced to you. First, an adware program or a browser hijacker may have previously invaded your system. These are the browser extensions which you can delete straight from chrome: You will have to do both: Even though it is better to install extensions and hijackers via official sources rather than unfamiliar installers, we do not recommend installing them at all.
How can you avoid this browser hijacker?
Otherwise, if you are presented with corrupt third-party ads, there may be two reasons for this. It cannot be found as an individual application since its developers always spread it as an ‘attachment’ of another free software. Then, when you make a search using it, you will see tons of sponsored websites in your search results and also experience redirections to unknown pages. They will Do you want to have information about you – especially, personal information – shared with unknown parties? Moreover, we have received several pop-up ads that suggested installing suspicious programs that were supposed to ‘clean Mac from junk.’
Google Chrome: in conjunction with other free programs. In order to check that and remove each of them, you should follow these steps: Moreover, Search.compellingagent.com virus uses unfair methods to infiltrate, so it is a clearly a browser hijacker that you should get rid of. Additionally, read the EULA (End User License Agreement). You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Additionally, go for Custom/Advanced settings and discard recommended apps. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How can my browser be fixed?
As it was clarified above, Search.compellingagent.com can be downloaded from the official website. Search.compellingagent.com can be erased if you get rid of the extension it was installed with. They do not reveal relevant information to you, and they do not let you configure software installation. Some of the additional programs might actually be manufactured to cause harm and disruption. A manual removal is also possibility to consider if you are familiar with the way it works. After selecting this mode, your task is to check each freeware and unmark ticks claiming that you agree with the installation of browser add-ons, toolbars, plug-ins, extensions, and other unfamiliar tools. If you do not address this issue, infections may totally cripple your computer after some time.
Manual Search.compellingagent.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Search.compellingagent.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Search.compellingagent.com from your browsers
Remove Search.compellingagent.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Search.compellingagent.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Search.compellingagent.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action