Important details about PublicBoardSearch:
PublicBoardSearch (also known as Toolbar Virus) appears to be a very useful and beneficial toolbar at first sight with its easy-access links to file compression features, but, unfortunately, it is yet another bad toolbar from the Mindspark family. This company is notable for producing multiple hijackware with extremely long titles including Search.newtabtvsearch.com, Search.greatsocialsearch.com among others. Otherwise, you may be tricked into downloading If you find such service useful and appealing, you may install this web browser and use it freely. After installation, it certainly shows Anti-Malware Tool for that task. So, if you have unexpectedly noticed Claro Search on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or other browsers, you should check your PC for the browser hijacker.
As soon as PublicBoardSearch enters your operating system it will instantly affect major web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. At the moment, this search provider displays the “Your search for “[your search]” did not match any results” message every time you enter a keyword, but it is possible that it will be revived in the future. On top of that, specialists say that your default search engine will be modified too. However, the question is whether you really need such a tool because some of its functions may not be what you need. Moreover, your homepage and default search engine may be changed to PublicBoardSearch without your permission. Too bad anti-malware software can’t change settings on your web browsers, so you will have to change both home page and default search engine on all web browsers manually.
When did PublicBoardSearch hijack happen?
PublicBoardSearch does not actually install itself on the system as it affects the browser by modifying some of its data. remove PublicBoardSearch.com First, your computer could be infected with malware, such as adware and browser hijackers. Otherwise, you may install a software that can possibly include critical files. Once installed, the extension is added to the chrome: We show you how to PublicBoardSearch in the guide below, but before you get rid of this suspicious search tool, we suggest researching a replacement.
We have already talked about the ways to protect yourself from the virus infection, but what should you do if you are already infected? Unfortunately, PublicBoardSearch was also configured to automatically collect some information about you which can be used to tailor the promoted links to each unique user. you might be disappointed. For that, you should install one of the anti-malware programs that are given below and they will detect this virus for you. The additional applications are enumerated in a checkbox and it is possible to deselect them.
How to uninstall this annoying program from the computer?
If you have PublicBoardSearch application on your computer, uninstallation performed through Control Panel would not help as the program is capable of reinstalling itself on the system. PublicBoardSearch search site. If you have never had problems with computer threats before, you probably want to know what is the right way to erase such programs from the computer. Withal, programs like StopZilla, Anti-Malware Tool and Anti-Malware Tool are regarded as powerful weapons against a virus infection or adware programs and you should use them for your computer. the installation process quicker. To identify them, scanning with Anti-Malware Tool or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful.
Manual PublicBoardSearch Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall PublicBoardSearch and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove PublicBoardSearch from your browsers
Remove PublicBoardSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete PublicBoardSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall PublicBoardSearch from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action