Why do you see PDFSearchio as your homepage?
PDFSearchio virus is not a typical cyber infection. Once inside, the application replaces your homepage and default search provider. however, it is unlikely that it will be installed without your permission. After clicking them, you may be tricked into visiting unknown websites and unwanted domains, so you should stay away from PDFSearchio redirects as far as you can. Some time ago PDFSearchio used a different search domain (search.newPDFSearchio.com ), though it might be Conduit powered as well. That’s why We do not recommend that you use it at all because you may be exposed to modified search results containing unreliable ads and links.
It’s not very difficult to tell whether your computer is infected with PDFSearchio or not because it will change your home page and default search engine to www.PDFSearchio on all of your web browsers, so if you have noticed this occurrence on any of your web browsers, your computer is definitely infected and you should take care of that. to advertise various commercial websites. More information about the prevention of PDFSearchio can be found in the next paragraph of this post. If you download freeware from torrent or other file-sharing sites, you should be aware that such web pages often bundle installers with unreliable software, such as browser hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted programs, and so on.
Why I should not rely on this search engine?
Even though the BestMediaTab extension that promotes PDFSearchio has an official website, it has been found that only some users download and install the extension willingly. It is possible that the program will try to redirect you to potentially dangerous websites where you can get your system infected or download more potentially unwanted programs, like browser plugins, adware and so on. This means there are no reassurances the advertisements cannot be malicious. This way, you risk exposing your PC to various cyber threats, including adware, other browser hijackers, malware or even virus. If you keep downloading and installing free apps in their Recommended, Basic or Default mode, there is no surprise that such PUPs as PDFSearchio will keep landing on your PC. If you choose to remove PDFSearchio virus by yourself, we highly recommend you to run a full system scan with anti-malware anyway.
What is the easiest way to dispose of this browser hijacker?Download Removal Toolto remove PDFSearchio
Do not panic if you have already been tricked into installing PDFSearchio virus on your computer. Unfortunately, this misleads most users and they think that it is safe to click anywhere on this page. Instead of just hitting on “Next” button and completing the installation as quickly as possible, check every step and refuse adding of any unfamiliar programs that come bundled with the software you are installing. www.removethreats.com/download. We have prepared detailed PDFSearchio removal guide for you, and we believe that it will help you to remove this potentially unwanted program from your computer. It is important to highlight that the fact that you download and install some app from a legitimate source does not secure you from getting some PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) on your computer.
Manual PDFSearchio Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall PDFSearchio and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove PDFSearchio from your browsers
Remove PDFSearchio from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete PDFSearchio from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall PDFSearchio from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action