OriginalSearchTech virus – what is it and how does it act?
Have you been offered OriginalSearchTech (also known as Supersearch.org) when installing something else? We advise you to be extra cautious with this search engine as well since it falls under the category of browser hijackers. But despite this nuance, both the programs act in synchrony like some athletes of synchronized swimming. If you happen to stumble upon this hijacker make sure to stay away from it at all times. It seems to us that there are no reasons to keep this suspicious application on your system, especially when you can choose from so many other search engines that are considered to be reliable.
This website is powered by an identically named potentially unwanted program (PUP). This pop-up means that you should launch your legitimate anti-spyware without any delay and look for the infections. Only when you do perform a search with it, you get rerouted to bing.com and start to question its legitimacy. There’s an infection called Google Redirect Virus (some sources call it Google Redirect Trojan), which redirects traffic from the major search engines like Google, Bing to other websites, like OriginalSearchTech. The developer of OriginalSearchTech does not care about your safety, so it will not help you to avoid malicious software. If you are continuously redirected to unknown websites, you should check your PC for OriginalSearchTech and unisnatall this program from the system. The loss of free will
How can you avoid this browser hijacker?
OriginalSearchTech typically spreads via software packages. STOPzilla or Anti-Malware Tool. No wonder this application is considered as a virus, spreading through users’s computer systems. Expand the window by clicking “custom” or “advanced” mode That is a serious thing because you do not know what kind of links could be mixed in with the normal Yahoo Search results. However, anti-malware software can’t change settings on your web browsers, so you will have to change both home page and default search engine manually by your own. However, it brings a lot of inconveniences for computer users.
The instructions that we present below should be executed with care since a single mistake could lead to an incomplete removal of OriginalSearchTech. In other words, the PUP tends to install related files or alternatively known as “helper elements” which are directly responsible for creating obstacles for you to get rid of the browsing tool. Change search engine to google or other and delete Search Results from the list. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. Clicking on such links may not be a good idea as you may easily find yourself on a malicious website.
How to remove a browser hijacker?
Manual OriginalSearchTech removal is possible just like it’s possible to remove all the other hijackers manually. However, users can blame only themselves for that. You should pay more attention to what you are installing to your system and be more careful with the installation steps of any new software. If it is already too late and OriginalSearchTech has already appeared on your web browser, you should learn how to remove it. Never agree to use any unknown pages as your main search provided. If you still prefer removing OriginalSearchTech virus manually, follow the steps below: You can never know how cyber crooks may be able to exploit such a tool.
Manual OriginalSearchTech Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall OriginalSearchTech and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove OriginalSearchTech from your browsers
Remove OriginalSearchTech from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete OriginalSearchTech from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall OriginalSearchTech from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action