How can Optimum Search hijack my web browser and how to avoid that?
Optimum Search is yet another untrustworthy URL that you should avoid visiting. Even from the first glance, this domain looks suspicious as it is shaped identically to some other parasites we have analyzed. It is already known that Optimum Search is set as the home page when the browser hijacker is bundled with Search Assistant Websearch and a program called Surf and Keep. Trojan bundles only pretend to be downloads of legitimate programs or services and try to install other stuff anyway. If you have a toolbar that can change the home page and default search provider to Conduit, it means you have a Optimum Search Toolbar. After doing so, make sure that you uncheck all pre-checked check marks that claim that you want to download Optimum Search to the system. This company has a rather bad reputation among users, so it cannot be considered as reliable.
Moreover, this browser hijacker may track your activity online – it can see your browsing history, downloads, bookmarks lists. In case you have no idea how to do that, you have come to the right place because in this article we will reveal couple of removal methods of As soon as this virus gets inside, it alters DNS settings and starts initiating problems with your browser. That can result in considerable slow-down of your system’s performance, so it is obvious that you should never ignore the signs that tell you about the unwanted intrusion. Optimum Search can also become your homepage and search engine because of bundling, so scan your PC with updated anti-spyware to make sure that you are safe. Always select Advanced or Custom installation option and carefully monitor the entire installation process with and intention to unmark ‘additional components’. That is not only annoying but dangerous, too – you can never know what website Optimum Search wants you to visit.
How can Optimum Search hijack my computer?
In addition to that, you may probably not heard that browser hijackers, including Optimum Search are capable of tracking users and collecting data related to their browsing habits. Its creators get paid for that. however, the problem is not the web browser itself, but Optimum Search Therefore, we recommend removing it with a reputable malware removal software, for instance, Security experts categorize Optimum Search virus as a potentially unwanted program and highly advise to remove it. This configuration reveals whether you have downloaded a software package or not – if you did, these settings provide an additional menu including a list of suggestions to install optional freeware.
Like most browser hijackers, Optimum Search should also collect at least some non-personally identifiable information about you to customize and tailor the ads according to your personal interests and browsing habits. You should not even try using it for browsing the web. Hence, a malevolent third party could make use of it to embed their own malicious content into the ads. It is paramount to Optimum Search every single bit of this hijacker; It is not recommended to change your homepage or default search provider to some unknown website, if the new download suggest such option.Download Removal Toolto remove Optimum Search
Is it possible to remove Optimum Search manually and why did it infect my computer?
Question: You can select either manual removal of this program or automatic removal option. Make sure you uninstall it and scan with anti-malware program ( e.g. These sites are just the beginning of this company’s reign of terror as they probably plan to fill the Internet with questionable web pages. It will Optimum Search the undesirable search tool from your browsers and, on top of that, it will take care of third-party software which could have entered the system together with it. The sooner you take care of your system’s security, the better. Its free version can be downloaded from this web page (find the Download button below and click on it).
Manual Optimum Search Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Optimum Search and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Optimum Search from your browsers
Remove Optimum Search from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Optimum Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Optimum Search from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action