My Office Tools virus. Why do I keep receiving these annoying ads?
Our researchers cannot be one hundred percent sure, but they believe My Office Tools should be spread with suspicious similarly titled browser extensions or other doubtful programs available on various file-sharing web pages, P2P networks, unreliable advertisements, etc. It provides Google, Youtube, Yahoo, Bing, Amazon, and, unfortunately, one more website, which is not so secure. a company, responsible for many browser hijackers. Luckily, you do not have to install these search tools if you do not want to. This distribution method is called bundling.
If you have not installed any applications from the same family as Funmoods, My Office Tools virus has probably been added to your system together with free software. Furthermore, these cookies can collect information regarding your computer and your virtual activity. Typically, it is done through security vulnerabilities found, so you should always make sure that your machine is fully protected if you want to avoid such potentially unwanted applications like this one. The clearest sign showing that this program is inside your machine is changes in browser settings. Although this search provider is widely popular, it can also be exploited to introduce you to sponsored links. This is so because you will be forced to use the new search engine instead of the one that you would normally prefer. All this activity is done for a simple reason – trying to make some money.
How did the application slip into my computer?
You will be able to set another homepage after you get rid of My Office Tools. Scammers, aware that few users read the installation instructions, attach their unwanted programs under “Basic” settings. This technique is the most popular way to spread potentially unwanted products. To identify them, scanning with Anti-Malware Tool or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. To identify them, scanning with Anti-Malware Tool or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. The automatic scanner will My Office Tools infections for you and will restore the settings of your browsers.
Ways to remove this suspicious application from your PC:
My Office Tools browser hijacker can be eliminated manually. is pretending to be legitimate search website but we do not recommend to use it. The good news is that My Office Tools virus can be easily removed with efficient and reliable anti-malware tools: A wiser decision would be choose an anti-malware tool to protect you from malware on a daily basis. Follow the removal guidelines below this article and eliminate My Office Tools! Our professionals have set a list of step-by-step detailed instructions Deselect any unfamiliar software you were not about to install.
Manual My Office Tools Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall My Office Tools and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove My Office Tools from your browsers
Remove My Office Tools from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete My Office Tools from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall My Office Tools from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action