The consequences of Mint Search virus infiltration:
”Mint Search has appeared as my browser’s homepage, but I did not make any changes! It is a hijacker which belongs to the group of PUPs created by Imali Ltd. They ask the developers of this suspicious search engine to cause Mint Search redirects to their websites in order to increase the web traffic to them. You will not be able to browse normally as it will always interrupt your searches. The user will be constantly redirected to this suspicious search site no matter the attempts to switch back to the regular Google, Bing or Yahoo engines. questionable search engine, which can hardly display real search results without tons of advertisements.
Even though Mint Search is owned by a newly recognized company, it does not show any clear signs of uniqueness. However, this is not true – it’s just a marketing trick. This search engine is still not compatible with Opera, but it can easily show up on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari and Mozilla Firefox browsers. Having a number of such threats on your system may show in your PC’s performance and Internet speed as well, but, obviously, these are the less dangerous issues. Have you installed some download manager, PDF creator or similar program recently? What’s more, they do not realize how risky it is to install third-party applications from unfamiliar websites.
How does Mint Search function?
When suffering from redirections to help the advertising companies increase their profit. In order to protect your computer, follow the guidelines below and remove this program right away. Accordingly, you will be sunk into the scam content to the ears, unless you delete Mint Search malware from your computer’s system. We do not think that ask.com is a very trustworthy search engine either because it might provide users with sponsored search results. Why are some webpages dangerous? We are sure you will soon be annoyed to death because these advertisements may cover up more than a half of your screen.
What it basically tells users is that search queries which contain personal information will be recorded too, so if you enter a search query containing personal details in the search box of Mint Search, it will end up in the hands of Polarity Technologies Ltd and third parties. Accordingly, you must always take the installation seriously. When we pressed enter, we got redirected to a new tab but no search results were generated. The website features some useful links and features a clean design, which might pass on as Google.com, because all searches are redirected to it. If you do not see it listed, you should use antimalware tools like Anti-Malware Tool and scan your computer with it. already collects the pay-per-click revenue for every click on the displayed content (links, ads). While there are very few users currently, we believe that this number will rise soon.
Removing browser hijackers. Is it hard to do?
Luckily, Mint Search is not one of those search tools that hijack browsers’ shortcuts, so you will fully Mint Search it by simply resetting your browsers’ settings to default. However, manual removal is not recommended unless you are computer expert. But you can put an end to this with the application of certified malware removal software such as Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Stopzilla. Always follow all installation steps and do not allow any additional programs to be installed if you are not aware of them. We have prepared instructions on how to do that on the most popular web browsers. default search engine and new tab page, so it can hardly be missed or mixed with other infection. As you can see, this Mint Search hijacker initiates many unacceptable activities, so we doubt that you need this program on your computer.Download Removal Toolto remove Mint Search
Manual Mint Search Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Mint Search and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Mint Search from your browsers
Remove Mint Search from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Mint Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Mint Search from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action