HOW CAN Fast Browser Search hijack my computer?
HDConverterSearch is a browser hijacker that looks like most of other search engines, however, it doesn’t work the same way as most of the popular search engines do. At first glance, HDConverterSearch.com looks like a website that provides answers to all your questions. Once there, it changes your homepage and default search provider to HDConverterSearch. In fact, all the modifications will only make web surfing a frustrating and annoying task. Search Algo can easily trick you If you didn’t uninstall the hijacker yet, remove HDConverterSearch virus now.
Our research suggests that HDConverterSearch usually gets distributed with the InstallRex installers, so it means that users download the browser hijacker themselves. It will only create opportunities for potentially hazardous material to be presented to you. Beware that you may also be redirected to malicious websites full of infections. The modifications of files and registry entries will manifest as a change of your default homepage. Furthermore, we believe, that it should come with software bundles hosted on free software distributing sites. HDConverterSearch app installs its extensions onto your Internet browsers to modify your browser settings and change your default page to HDConverterSearch.
How to remove HDConverterSearch redirect virus?
To prevent such programs from entering your PC, you need to know how such programs spread. The safest and quickest removal method is by using special antimalware tools, for example Anti-Malware Tool. What is more, HDConverterSearch includes lots ads among your search results. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. This way they end up agreeing to change their start page with potentially dangerous pages. Then
What steps have to be taken to root this intruder out?
HDConverterSearch hijacker is associated with the Weather Center New Tab extension, which is available on Chrome web store and which provides the user with weather forecasts on the home and a new tab page. Download and install the anti-spyware application. This browser hijacker bothers people that have engaged with freeware or shareware. Do not allow to make any changes in your browser settings or download other software if it is not familiar to you. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program. It will HDConverterSearch all other untrustworthy programs from your system too.
Manual HDConverterSearch Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall HDConverterSearch and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove HDConverterSearch from your browsers
Remove HDConverterSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete HDConverterSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall HDConverterSearch from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action