Goodbyesearch.com virus. What kind of program it is and how does it act?
Goodbyesearch.com is a browser hijacker that can change the settings of your browsers without your permission and cause a lot of unpleasant issues related to your browsing. It masquerades as a legitimate toolbar, but is actually a parasite, which has the purpose to promote rogue anti-spyware programs. Goodbyesearch.com.com without your permission asked. So when you Goodbyesearch.com from your computer, you should also take note of the potential distribution channels used by such applications. There is more information about this computer infection provided in the remaining paragraphs of the report.
Unfortunately, we cannot say that Goodbyesearch.com (by SaferBrowser) You may find its official website Goodbyesearch.com.com and download its browser extension. A malicious installer could be employed to promote unreliable programs, and the hijacker could be attached to much more attractive, possibly harmless programs. It might come with other shady web browsers as well, but we have yet to find any other cases of this. So such simple tricks as the restoration of your browser settings, when the program is till running on the system, will be of no avail. Research has revealed that it is powered by Google and does not show the modified search results; Such exposure usually results in an infection of the computer.
How can this PUP enter your computer system without your knowledge?
According to specialists at 2virus-removal.com, users can get the browser extension promoting Goodbyesearch.com from the Chrome Web Store (chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/Goodbyesearch.com/oejmjgpcjdhkfogbaeacbilelabdkckc) or they might find Goodbyesearch.com set on browsers after the installation of a software bundle from a third-party website (torrent or file-sharing websites). It can affect one or multiple search providers at the same time. They might be hosted on file-sharing websites or some pop-ups that you encounter when you browse the web. manual removal guide (you can find it below this article). Take action as soon as possible! carry deceptive hyperlinks, which can cause Goodbyesearch.com redirects to partner sites. On the other hand, Goodbyesearch.com hijacker can still install other like apps on your computer’s system, which would show you scam content.
Ways to remove Goodbyesearch.com from the infected device:
If you are ready, it is time to really say goodbye to this useless infection. Get rid of Goodbyesearch.com Redirect hijackware automatically, which means – easily and securely. Here are the main facts that should encourage you to do that: Follow the comprehensive removal guide of We have discovered that this search engine forwards your requests to extsearch.maxwebsearch.com and then redirects them to a possibly modified Yahoo results page. However, Goodbyesearch.com virus might have been between those suggestions that got automatically installed in your computer systems if you chose the basic mode. Do not miss any detail in order not to get hijacked by any Safer Browser PUP.
Manual Goodbyesearch.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Goodbyesearch.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Goodbyesearch.com from your browsers
Remove Goodbyesearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Goodbyesearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Goodbyesearch.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action