Can I keep GameSearchWeb browser hijacker virus on my computer?
Has the malware scanner listed a bunch of threats along with GameSearchWeb browser hijacker? To be more precise, it is a browser hijacker. The main problem here is that you cannot know what is promoted with the help of this hijacker. Moreover, this browser hijacker comes to your computer unnoticed, and may even track your browsing data. GameSearchWeb browser hijacker pretends to be a reliable search engine, but you should know that this search website can appear on your browser’s first page due to an activity of a potentially unwanted program (PUP), named after the search site name.
So how does GameSearchWeb browser hijacker work and what’s its real purpose? First of all, it is clearly related to the promotion of malware and most of those sites GameSearchWeb browser hijacker redirects its victims are malicious. What users notice first is the name of another browser hijacker Tohotweb (Tohotweb.com) on the tab of GameSearchWeb browser hijacker, which shows that they are somehow associated. The modifications of files and registry entries will manifest as a change of your default homepage. In this case, you should scan your computer with the reliable anti-spyware and remove GameSearchWeb browser hijacker with other programs from the system.
When was the hijacker installed?
If you noticed that GameSearchWeb browser hijacker redirects on It is clearly stated that this parasite has the right to add third-party content to your search results and to other places. However, entirely trusting an automatic virus detection software is also not a recommended option. We do not know whether the search engine was attached to reliable and harmless programs or malicious and misleading ones. It may also redirect you to some pages just to collect traffic there. Obviously, if malware is found, you cannot postpone the elimination for any longer. You should also make sure that there is no malware infection on your system that could display such unreliable third-party contents if you want to feel secure whenever you go online.
The main goals of GameSearchWeb browser hijacker virus are to bring traffic to various sponsored websites and increase their page ranking in search results. Although seemingly legitimate, it is foolish to believe that this app might actually improve your browsing and help you reach certain domains faster than usual. Furthermore, records of your daily online habits, regarded as non-personal information, will be used to sew the last buttons into promotions. How to stop Allegedly, all of this information is used to enhance and personalize the use of GameSearchWeb browser hijacker. It is also worth keeping your browsers and your operating system updated because that can also decrease the level of vulnerability.
Look Safe Search removal:
Manual GameSearchWeb browser hijacker Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall GameSearchWeb browser hijacker and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove GameSearchWeb browser hijacker from your browsers
Remove GameSearchWeb browser hijacker from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete GameSearchWeb browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall GameSearchWeb browser hijacker from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action