Customsearch.info virus. What kind of program it is and how does it act?
Customsearch.info is search engine, which may start occupying your Internet browsers without any permission asked. For that, it hijacks all browsers it finds on the PC (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer) and immediately starts its misleading activity. Once inside it replaces your previously chosen homepage and default search provider to Customsearch.info. If you have agreed to install the application, it is unlikely that you will be worried about such suspicious files as Customsearch.info_ie.dll, Customsearch.info.dll or safetyldr_u.dll. That’s why this site has been reported for its modified search results, commercial pop-up notifications and plenty of other activities that are mostly used to make people visit predetermined websites.
As we have said, Customsearch.info can be easily installed from its official website. They bundle Customsearch.info hijacker along with other free programs and build software packs, and if the user fails to decompose them, he/she may end up installing a few computer parasites. when your watching a video from the Internet or trying to find material for your studies online. Even though Customsearch.info cannot be called a very bad tool, research has shown for us that its main problem is the presence of the sponsored content on the search results page. A daylight robbery, strictly speaking. In other words, it might more use from such software if you update it whenever there is a possibility.
Browser hijackers: how are they distributed and what are the ways of protecting your PC?
As mentioned before, Customsearch.info virus can affect a bunch of different browsers. Don’t forget to scan the system with reliable anti-spyware in order to make sure that it’s free of additional hijackers and malwares. First of all, the hijacker promotes a search tool that redirects to search.yahoo.com, which is a search engine often exploited by unreliable hijackers; Now you will be forced to visit Then you can complete the installation procedure as usual. Finally, data inside such files as Preferences, Web Data, and Secure preferences will be changed by this browser hijacker to set Customsearch.info on Google Chrome. However, there is also another purpose for these domains:
If you make a search using Customsearch.info, you will notice that it adds tons of sponsored websites to your search results, as well as annoying ads. However, if you were to look closer, you would see that the page does not offer original content. If you have any other questions or problems with the removal procedure, make sure to contact us directly in the comment section or via our Facebook page. Always use well known-search providers to ensure you browse safely. You will need to upgrade it after installing it to get malware erased automatically. However, since these add-ons often hide unwanted stuff like Searchtnl hijacker, adware, and annoying plug-ins, they come as tiny attachments.
Learn how to remove Customsearch.info browser hijacker from your computer:
Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman are professional and reputable antivirus programs and will defeat Actually, we are 100% sure that this is not how the majority of users encounter Customsearch.info. install on startup and launch each time the system and web browser is rebooted. Consequently, if you click on the sponsored hyperlinks or advertisements, Customsearch.info redirects will make you visit third party pages that may be found at the bottom of the security scale. the installation process quicker. After installing one of these apps that are given below, you will also get ability to ensure the best protection available right now. Not only is the latter option annoying, but it is also unsafe as you may be scammed to share your credit card details with cyber criminals.
Manual Customsearch.info Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Customsearch.info and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Customsearch.info from your browsers
Remove Customsearch.info from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Customsearch.info from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Customsearch.info from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action