What does ransomware mean?
CryptoDarkRubix computer threat is a program that want to steal money from you. The main goal of this program is milking money from people that care about computer security. Cyber criminals distributing this infection use strong psychological techniques to trick money from their victims. No matter that this virus looks really professionally, you must realize that real governmental authorities don’t lock computers and don’t show alerts like this one. You can start looking for this virus once you see ) for getting more knowledge about that.
The most typical method, which is used by CryptoDarkRubix CryptoLocker, CryptoDefense or Once the files are encrypted, CryptoDarkRubix places a .html file with instructions how to retrieve lost data. It displays its huge alert that tries to create an image that computer has been investigated by the Swedish Police and claims that now user has to pay a 500 of Swedish Krona fine for using copyrighted content, spreading malware or watching pornographic videos. This statement sounds quite bizarre since no other our detected virus (that we can recall) exploited encryption with these ciphers.
How can I get this software?
Of course, the idea of losing all computer files all of sudden is scary, and the developers of TeslaCrypt know this very well. These can easily appear if you stop updating your security software, have no antimalware tools on your computer and actively download freeware or shareware. Of course, the antivirus may not be able to fend off all the potential threats, so you have to be self-conscious and browse online carefully. In order to recover your ability to get on the Internet and launch anti-spyware, you can alternatively try one of these methods: Also, you should always pay attention to the sender and, if you have any concerns and suspicions, do not open or download any files attached to such emails.
When infected with CryptoDarkRubix and need to remove it, Be careful, because there are many dangerous viruses that were released recently – Locky, KeRanger, Maktub Locker, Alpha Crypt, and many others. using this approach: If the virus does not give up easily and tries blocking your antivirus from scanning, follow the instructions below and repeat the scanning. At the moment of writing, we could recommend Do not pay a cent to these cyber criminals. Then, restarts it and, upon restart, deletes all data present in the %User Profile% folder. What is more, keep your computer protected with some reliable anti-spyware at all times.
How did CryptoDarkRubix infect my computer and when did it happen?
If this menace has fallen upon you, first of all, you need to acknowledge the fact your files are lost. It is a tricky virus so removal of it can be a little bit complicated. Such messages can appear as .txt, .html, or .png files. Therefore, whenever you receive a doubtful looking email message, do not rush to open it. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program. Besides, don’t forget to think about the immunity of your files and backup.
Manual CryptoDarkRubix Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall CryptoDarkRubix and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove CryptoDarkRubix from your browsers
Remove CryptoDarkRubix from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete CryptoDarkRubix from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall CryptoDarkRubix from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action