Comet Search virus: does it pose a big threat?
Comet Search is a website that can replace your recent homepage if a browser hijacker has slithered into your computer. It has been found that this computer infection has already affected a number of users living in India, Indonesia, Egypt, Brazil, and other countries even though it was only first detected by specialists at the end of December 2016. It offers you a lot of free information related to medical issues, but the health of your computer may be put in danger by this unreliable application. Comet Search properties: However, we must warn you never to use this search engine because not only is this not even functional, but it may also expose you to unsafe web content.Download Removal Toolto remove Comet Search
The very first strange things people notice after being infected by this Antivirus Action browser hijacker are multiple random redirections to Comet Search domain. It is very annoying because you are tricked into clicking on the links you otherwise would not visit. The second concerning factor is the search itself. Moreover, ignore recommendations to update media players or other programs because you may be provided with a fake installer. It is very likely that the publisher gets money for every click on ads. In the past, we have seen a ton of browser hijackers using this search engine to showcase sponsored advertisements.
How can this browser hijacker infiltrate my computer?
In order to remove In other words, not only your computer, but also your privacy are in danger. However, usually, this toolbar pops up in the users browsers unexpectedly. Fortunately, it’s not difficult to do that. If you are using Internet Explorer, this corrupted page can freeze your browser and make it impossible for you to close it, which is what might convince you into thinking that everything is real. Every visit rises web traffic and makes it possible to collect payment for every poorly thought out action.
Remove Comet Search virus once you detect it on your browser. However, as you may have already understood, it can hardly improve your browsing experience. To reset search hijacking, do the following: To identify them, scanning with Anti-Malware Tool or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. On top of that, they protect systems from similar threats. We recommend installing legitimate security software to guard the PC. Also, think about the future of your operating system.
How to get rid of this PC intruder?
If you wonder why your homepage and search engine were changed to Comet Search, the answer is very simple. Comet Search is spread together with legitimate free programs, so it may have been attached to a program that you have recently installed. Whichever option you decide, it is very important to take the bull by the horns and remove Comet Search. Therefore, instead of clicking on a legitimate commercial advert, you may end up being redirected to a corrupted website that distributes malware. Our manual step-by-step specifications help to remove Comet Search virus more efficiently. Keep in mind that it will require attention and precision, because cleansing the system from all hijacker’s files is essential.
Manual Comet Search Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Comet Search and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Comet Search from your browsers
Remove Comet Search from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Comet Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Comet Search from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action